Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ask Aaron is back!

And a new youtube on the right hand side. I would say this is my 3rd favorite youtube
video ever.



Q: Fantasy sports can be very frustrating, tells us about your worst fantasy sports moment you ever had.
A: Oh my goodness, in 2002 after I dominated the regular season I was the top seeded team matched up with the 8 seed. I had a very good week but so did the team I faced. I'm pretty sure it was his highest score of the year. I was ahead by six points going into the Monday night game which was Miami v.s. Chicago. All of my players were done. However, I was going against Marty Booker in his first stint with the Bears. Now let me back up, like I said, I was up six points. I had more reserve points so I would've won the tie breaker as well. In our league, scoring is at a premium. We only get one point per 25 yards rushing/receiving. So essentially as long as Booker didn't score a touchdown he would've need 175 receiving yards to beat me. So pretty much as long as he didn't score I was going to win. Now to game time..... Miami was in control for all of the game. There really was never a doubt who was going to win. For the first 58 minutes I had it in the bag. I want to say Booker maybe had thirty or forty yards. Miami was up by at least three scores so you'd think the Bears are just going to run the clock out and get ready for next week, right? Wrong. They bring in some backup quarterbacked named Henry Burress (I'm pretty sure that was his name). I can't even remember who the starter was now. Jim Miller? Anyhow, there is under two minutes left and Chicago had the ball on their own 20. The first few plays went for next to nothing. On a 4th and long situation Burress srambled for a 1st down. I'm like "no big deal". Now they are getting close to mid-field, I'm starting to worry a bit but not too much. I swear Chicago called three straight QB draws and Burress was running like Michael Vick. Next thing you know they are inside the 20 with well under a minute left. Right about now I'm pacing my living room. There are literally dozens of people left in the stands. They show an aerial view and I could count every person left. Burress takes the snap, rolls out, throws to the end zone.......touchdown Marty Booker. I have never been so shocked/angry in my life than that very moment. Didn't know what to do. Cry/shout/break something/shoot myself....? I called my buddy who had just beat me to tell him how freaking lucky he was and vent and he didn't even know he had won. He had shut off the game in the 3rd quarter because he thought he had no chance. I couldn't fall asleep that night. I tossed and turned thinking about what could've been. I pretty much knew I was going to win total points for the season and the money that came with it but I wanted the title. I had to take two percocets that I had from a previous knee surgery to help me fall asleep. I would've beaten any other team that week. If I would've won that week, I would've beaten the teams I would've played the next two rounds. My championship was gone in an instant all on a garbage Mary Booker touchdown. Die Marty Booker. Die.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite possibly the worst night of my life.

Anonymous said...

copy and pasted box score, QB Henry Burress had 55 yards rushing!!




Chicago 0 0 3 6 -- 9
Miami 7 7 7 6 -- 27




First Quarter
Mia--J.Weaver 5 pass from J.Fiedler (O.Mare kick), 7:30.
Second Quarter
Mia--R.Williams 15 run (O.Mare kick), 10:48.
Third Quarter
Chi--FG P.Edinger 52, 4:45.
Mia--R.Williams 63 run (O.Mare kick), 5:44.
Fourth Quarter
Mia--FG O.Mare 23, 7:34.
Mia--FG O.Mare 29, 9:19.
Chi--M.Booker 6 pass from H.Burris (conversion failed), 14:16.
A--73,609.

Anonymous said...

55 yards rushing...on one drive! And let me remind all of you that this was an NFL game! Not college.


= ( = ( = (